UK units in need grant
If your unit is based in an area of deprivation or struggling financially then we can support you
A grant to help units who are struggling financially.
No matter where they're based or the financial challenges they face. We want all units to have the opportunity to get involved in guiding events and experiences.
A unit in need is one that is either based in a deprived area, experiencing financial difficulty or has been affected by a natural disaster.
Your unit must have been running for at least one year to be able to apply.
How much funding is available?
Your unit can receive up to £250. Each application is considered on an individual basis.
1 application per year per unit can be made.
What can the funding be used for?
The grant can be used to cover:
- Small items of equipment.
- Unit resources.
- Transport for unit members on a trip, camp or holiday.
- Uniform for young members.
- Costs of a trip, camp or holiday (such as entry fees).
Applications for other costs may be considered.
However, we can’t accept applications to cover:
- Annual subscriptions.
- Ongoing running costs. This includes badge and hand books for every girl. However, we can fund a small number of copies that stay within the unit.
- Rent for unit meeting places.
- Start up costs for a new unit.
Making your application
Don’t forget to include a copy of either your latest annual accounts or a statement showing the current balance of your unit account, dated within the last 6 months.
Your local commissioner also needs to sign your application form.