Our new programme for every girl
We’ve been on a journey to transform what girls do in Girlguiding, to bring all our badges and activities bang up to date.
And on Saturday 21 July we'll be revealing all the new things we've been working on.
Our new programme delivers the fun and varied range of activities that you expect from guiding, and of course there’s still plenty of badges to earn. We're introducing new topics, new skills and new ways for girls to broaden their horizons.
Things to look out for when the programme is revealed in July:
- Programme themes – Our 6 themes are the building blocks of everything girls do in guiding, making sure they get a broad and varied experience.
- Interest badges - Everyone loves earning badges, so we've refreshed and updated the interest badges we offer. And we've added badges for Rainbows and Rangers, so they can join in the fun.
- Skills builders - A brand-new kind of progressive badge focussing on core life skills. Girls can earn these in stages as they journey through guiding.
- Awards - We've created some exciting new awards to encourage our members and celebrate their achievements.
- Unit meeting activities – A great new way for girls to get involved in planning what they do in meetings. These activities are packed with new challenges and fun things to try.
- New books - Alongside this, we've created handbooks and badge books for girls each section to reflect the new activities and help them to celebrate their guiding achievements.