Moving to a new area

Make sure your daughter stays part of Girlguiding by transferring her to another unit in the UK or abroad

I have met new people, made new friends and made some great memories. I have had so many opportunities to do some great things, things I would never have done if I had not been involved in guiding. - Ann, young member

Moving to a new area can be a big change. Staying involved in Girlguiding in their new area is a great way for girls to settle in, make new friends and continue their guiding adventure.

Moving within the UK

  • Find a new unit for your daughter using our membership system:

Use our online form

Or call our free telephone number: 0800 1 69 59 01 (weekdays 9am-5pm)

  • Ask your current unit leader to provide you with your daughter's registration number.
  • When you move to the new unit, pass this number to the new leader who will reactivate your daughter's record.
  • This way your daughter's record and guiding history is saved - so you won't need to fill out any more forms.

Remember that units in your new area may have waiting lists to join, so ask about a transfer place as soon as you know you are moving.

Moving abroad

British Girlguiding Overseas (BGO) has more information about moving units abroad. If you can't find the country you are moving to on their site then contact BGO by email on [email protected]