Module 1: Training for guiding
Module 1 is the only compulsory module of the Trainer Qualification, covering everything you need to know to start delivering sessions.
Develop your core training skills with Module 1 of the Trainer Qualification
About this Module
Module 1 is the core requirement for all Girlguiding Trainers, and needs to be completed in conjunction with at least one other module. To complete it, you'll need to demonstrate knowledge - both of Girlguiding and of training best practice - and plan and deliver a number of training sessions.
What you'll need to do
- Demonstrate a good knowledge of Girlguiding as an organisation, the Trainer role and a range of training and facilitation techniques.
- Plan good quality training sessions.
- Carry out risk management in accordance with Girlguiding guidelines.
- Deliver a number of training sessions fulfilling our criteria for best practice.
- Demonstrate good communication and presentation skills.
- Show that you have helped participants with their self-development through your sessions.
- Demonstrate knowledge of resources required to support the learning of participants.
Download this module
Our module download gives a full list of requirements for this course, as well as tools to help your Tutor support you