Information for DofE expedition assessors

We couldn’t run DofE in Girlguiding without all of our fantastic assessors

All expedition assessors need to be accredited by the DofE and registered to a Licensed Organisation.

You’ll need to hold the role of ‘County Duke of Edinburgh Assessor’ on GO and complete A Safe Space training levels one, two and three.

If you’d like to become a DofE assessor for Girlguiding take a look at the training for DofE leaders for more information on how to do this.

Once you’ve done that, you need to follow the steps to accreditation, and send your eDofE ID to [email protected] so we can register you to Girlguiding. You’ll need to be a member of Girlguiding for us to do this.

If you’re already an assessor with another Licensed Organisation, but would like to assess for Girlguiding as well, you’ll need to join Girlguiding as a member. Once you have, send your eDofE ID or assessor number to [email protected] and we can register you.

If you need to renew your accreditation, you can do this online via eDofE.

As an assessor for Girlguiding, your accreditation information is stored in eDofE. Staff supporting the DofE programme (both at Girlguiding and all country/region offices) and all country/region DofE advisers have access to this information. We’ll only use your information to support DofE expeditions in Girlguiding. 

Assessor qualifications

As an assessor, you don’t need to hold a qualification (apart from an accreditation with DofE) as you aren’t responsible for the group. However, you do need to be familiar with the area you’re assessing in, and the terrain as well.

You also need to make sure if you’re using a voluntary assessor, they should be a member of and be affiliated with Girlguiding. If you need help checking this, get in touch with your country/region office or DofE adviser.