Make a recruitment toolkit
Need to recruit more girls or volunteers? Create bespoke recruitment toolkits to help grow guiding in your area!
What recruitment resources are available?
Girlguiding has created toolkits to help you recruit more young members and more volunteers. These toolkits include the following items, which have been designed to make recruitment as easy as possible:
- postcard (A6)
- posters (A4 and A3)
- banner (spring-loaded 'roll up' banner 850mm x 2,145mm)
- give-away items, including stickers, activity samplers, notebooks and wall planners.
Obtaining your toolkit
There are two ways in which you can obtain our recruitment materials.
Creating a localised toolkit
All of the items that make up our recruitment toolkits are available through the online design centre. You can use this to create personalised materials to tell people about guiding in your area and encourage more girls, young women and adult volunteers to get involved. Find out more about the online design centre.
Ordering non-localised recruitment materials
You can order non-localised versions of posters and postcards from your local volunteer shop, by contacting the Girlguiding information team on 0800 169 5901 or by searching the Girlguiding shop. These materials are free of change - plus postage and packaging if anything is posted to you.
Using your toolkit
Our our pages on growing our membership, we have produced a lot of great tips to help you reach more girls and volunteers - but here's some specific guidance on how to use your new materials.
- Posters and postcards offer a very simple and effective way of letting people know about guiding. You could display posters on local noticeboards in libraries, schools, leisure centres or supermarkets to promote guiding to potential volunteers or new members. Why not leave some postcards at these venues so that interested parties can take information away with them?
- Banners are a fantastic visual way to show people what guiding is all about. Putting up banners at local events, fairs or open days can be a great way to engage with a large number of people.
- If you want to run a large-scale recruitment drive, consider fundraising to purchase more recruitment materials from the online design centre. You could apply for grants from bodies such as Awards for All to help you to buy the materials you need. For more fundraising advice visit our Fundraising pages.