A Safe Space training resources
Help volunteers to create an environment where girls can be safe and have fun
Support volunteers to create a safe space for everyone
Safety is at the heart of everything we do. Our safeguarding training helps everyone to:
- Understand their role in safeguarding and what to do
- Recognise potential safeguarding issues
- Understand our safety and safeguarding policies
- Chat to others about what to do
- Answer their questions
Who can deliver A Safe Space training?
This table outlines the various routes to delivering the A Safe Space levels. A trainer must meet all criteria of a route to deliver the training. Download a copy of this table.
Do you have external safeguarding learning or experience?
Check out our recognising prior safeguarding learning and experience process to find out if you could be exempt from A Safe Space, Level 3.
Are you an external trainer or teacher and want to deliver A Safe Space training?
Check out our process for recognising learning and experience in training or teaching to find out what levels of A Safe Space training you can deliver without the Girlguiding trainer qualification.
Recognising Prior Learning FAQ's - For those assessing a Recognising Prior Learning (RPL) forms.
Two trainers can deliver training together to make sure the above requirements are met.
Delivering A Safe Space training
It's important that you keep to the aims, objective and sessions plans we have provided, but we have made it easy for you to vary your sessions and adapt them to your audience by giving you a selection of activities that you can choose from.
Use these resources to deliver the revised A Safe Space Training.
Below you can find the information for the addendum slides. For ease these slides have been incorporated into the relevant level’s Powerpoint document. As a reminder, you can use whichever slides in the pack that you find useful to meeting the needs of your participants. You do not need to use the whole pack, just need to meet the aim and objectives for the content.
Addendum trainers' guidance (PDF) – note for trainers on key updates since the revised A Safe Space launch including some new content
For all levels
A very limited number of A Safe Space trainer resource packs are available through trading for Levels 1, 2 and 3 for new A Safe Space trainers. These are available for free subject to delivery costs and must be ordered by country and region offices.
A Safe Space certificate - colour (PDF)
A Safe Space certificate - greyscale (PDF)
A Safe Space explained presentation (PowerPoint)
Training materials checklist (PDF)
A Safe Space participant feedback form for local use – can be used to collect feedback for your own use, you don't need to send this one to us (Word).
In light of the Code of Conduct changes we will be ensuring this is reflected in the training materials the next time we review these.
Access Level 4 resources by speaking to your local commissioner, A Safe Space trainer, trainer coordinator or by emailing [email protected].
- All levels schemes of work syllabus (PDF)
- Combination session plans, levels 1-3 (Word) – contains a session plan for delivering levels 1-2 together or 1-3 together
- Training slides combined levels 1 and 2 (PPT)
- Training slides combined levels 1-3 (PPT)
- Level 3 - Trainers notes for training trainers (PDF)
- Recognising prior safeguarding learning and experience process (PDF) - Please submit completed forms to your A Safe Space trainer, training coordinator or your country or region.
- Recognising prior teaching and training learning and experience process for trainers to deliver A Safe Space (PDF)
- A Safe Space eLearning video transcripts (Word)