A Safe Space training resources
Help volunteers to create an environment where girls can be safe and have fun
Support volunteers to create a safe space for everyone
Safety is at the heart of everything we do. Our safeguarding training helps everyone to:
- Understand their role in safeguarding and what to do
- Recognise potential safeguarding issues
- Understand our safety and safeguarding policies
- Chat to others about what to do
- Answer their questions
Who can deliver A Safe Space training?
Level 1 - all Girlguiding trainers who have up-to-date A Safe Space Levels 1-3 training, including those meeting the recognised prior learning requirements for Level 3. Trainers must also complete modules one to three of the e-learning.
Levels 2-4 - all Girlguiding trainers who have done the Trainer qualification module 4, A Safe Space. Trainers must also have up-to-date A Safe Space Levels 1-3 training, including those meeting the recognised prior learning requirements for Level 3, and have completed modules one to three of the e-learning.
Level 4 resources will be available before the end of 2017.
Are you an external trainer or teacher? Check out our recognising prior learning process and assessment form to find out what levels of A Safe Space training you can deliver without the Girlguiding trainer qualification.
Two trainers can deliver training together to make sure the above requirements are met.
Delivering A Safe Space training
It's important that you keep to the aims, objective and sessions plans we have provided, but we have made it easy for you to vary your sessions and adapt them to your audience by giving you a selection of activities that you can choose from.
Use these resources to deliver the revised A Safe Space Training
For all levels
A Safe Space certificate - colour (PDF)
A Safe Space certificate - greyscale (PDF)
A Safe Space – How it works FAQS (PDF)
A Safe Space explained presentation (PowerPoint)
Training materials checklist (PDF)
A Safe Space trainers feedback form - for you to complete and return after a training session. Complete the form online, or download the form and email it to us.
Additional training resources
- All levels schemes of work syllabus (PDF)
- Combination session plans, Levels 1-3 (PDF) – contains a session plan for delivering levels 1-2 together or 1-3 together
- Level 3 - Trainers notes for training trainers (PDF)
- Level 2 - E-learning Module two worksheet (PDF) - includes follow-up conversation guidance and assessment sheet
- Recognising prior learning and experience for volunteers (PDF)
- Recognising prior learning and experience for trainers delivering A Safe Space (PDF)