A Safe Space, Level 1 – An introduction
Find out how to keep girls safe so they can have fun and grow in a great environment.
Who’s it for?
All volunteers including occasional helpers, GO coordinators, home contacts and parent helpers, peer educators and those doing the Young Leader qualification (aged 14+).
Our older A Safe Space training is the equivalent of Levels 1 and 2 of this A Safe Space training
You’ll learn about
- A basic introduction to our safeguarding policy and processes
- Your role and responsibility
- Volunteer Code of Conduct – how we behave when in guiding
- What to do if you have concerns about a member
- Where to go to for help
What you need to do
Go to a training session OR complete the module one e-learning online.
How long does it take?
- Training session: 60 to 90 minutes. Speak to your commissioner or country/region office to find out when the next session is.
- E-learning: 20 to 25 minutes.
If you need it in your role, do A Safe Space, Level 2 - Creating a safe space.