A Safe Space, Level 1 – An introduction
Find out how to keep girls safe so they can have fun and grow in a great environment.
Who’s it for?
All volunteers including occasional helpers, GO coordinators, home contacts, peer educators and young leaders.
People visiting units more than once should be asked to complete the Level 1 A Safe Space training. As we cannot log or enforce this training until someone is a registered volunteer on GO there is no need to ask for proof of completion. Anyone completing the eLearning can download and save or print a certificate at that time should they later want it as proof.
People visiting a unit once do not need to be asked to complete the Level 1 A Safe Space training but if returning, please do ensure they are aware of the importance of understanding and implementing our safeguarding practice.
Our older A Safe Space training is the equivalent of Levels 1 and 2 of this A Safe Space training
You’ll learn about
- A basic introduction to our safeguarding policy and processes
- Your role and responsibility
- Volunteer Code of Conduct – how we behave when in guiding
- What to do if you have concerns about a member
- Where to go to for help
What you need to do
Go to a training session OR complete the module one e-learning online.
How long does it take?
- Training session: 60 to 90 minutes. Speak to your commissioner or country/region office to find out when the next session is.
- E-learning: 20 to 25 minutes.
Once you complete the e-learning you can print off a certificate showing you have finished the training.
If you need it in your role, do A Safe Space, Level 2 - Creating a safe space.