A Safe Space, Level 1 – An introduction
Find out how to keep girls safe so they can have fun and grow in a great environment.
Who’s it for?
For all volunteers including occasional helpers, GO coordinators, home contacts, peer educators and young leaders.
Everyone needs to have the correct level of A Safe Space training for their role. You may have your membership withdrawn if you do not complete the levels you need.
Find out what happens if you haven't completed your training.
People visiting units more than once should be asked to complete the Level 1 A Safe Space training. We cannot log this training until someone is a registered volunteer, so there's no need to ask for proof they've completed it.
People visiting a unit once do not need to complete any training, but they should be aware of the importance of our safeguarding practice.
You’ll learn about
- A basic introduction to our safeguarding policy and processes
- Your role and responsibility
- Volunteer Code of Conduct – how we behave when in guiding
- What to do if you have concerns about a member
- Where to go to for help
What you need to do
Go to a training session OR complete the module one e-learning online.
If you are a member of the Trefoil Guild or you're not a member of Girlguiding, you'll need to save a screenshot of the congratulations message to confirm you've completed the e-learning.
How long does it take?
- E-learning: 20 to 25 minutes.
- Training session: 60 to 90 minutes. Speak to your commissioner or country/region office to find out when the next session is.