Social media community guidelines
Join our community online across social media
We use our social media channels to connect with our community of volunteers, parents, girls, partners and the public all year round.
Through fun, friendship, challenge and adventure we empower girls to find their voice, inspiring them to discover the best in themselves and to make a positive difference in their community.
Our social media channels include Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. They exist to provide an online space for us to share our activities, projects and news and to interact with our audiences.
You can access our social media platforms through these links:
- Girlguiding Facebook account
- Girlguiding for members Facebook account
- Girlguiding Twitter account
- Girlguiding For Members Twitter account
- Girlguiding Instagram account
We want our social media channels to reflect the values we uphold as an organisation; to be kind, courteous, thoughtful of others, inclusive, inspiring and above all, fun.
To make this possible, we ask that you follow the guidelines below when interacting on our social media channels:
- Be respectful of others and their opinions at all times.
- Stay on topic. Your comments should be related to the topics on our social channels.
- Do not post content unless it belongs to you, or you have the proper permission from its rightful owner. This includes photos and videos – please see our guidance on sharing photos and videos.
- Do not discriminate or promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, age or other protected characteristics.
- Do not make personal attacks in your comments.
- Do not post content that could be seen to be defamatory, libellous, obscene, inflammatory, offensive, harassing, abusive, hateful, threatening, profane or personally abusive.
- Do not post adverts or promote commercial products or services.
- Do not breach any of the terms of the social media platforms themselves.
- If you are a volunteer or member of staff, ensure you are aware of and follow our digital safeguarding policy and procedures.
On Facebook we use filters to automatically hide obscenities. We’ll use our own discretion to determine whether posts to our social media channels breach our guidelines. We reserve the right to hide or delete comments made on our channels, as well as block users who persistently go against these guidelines. We’ll always offer alternative ways of contacting us.
Our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram channels are monitored daily, all year round. If you have questions, need support, or guidance we’ll respond between 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday except on bank holidays.
Should you have any concerns related to the conduct of those within, or associated with Girlguiding, please email [email protected] with details.