Wellies and Wristbands
Wellies and Wristbands is Girlguiding's flagship festival for Guides and members of The Senior Section
When live music, dancing and high-adrenaline activities collide
Our annual exclusive event for Guides and members of The Senior Section, Wellies and Wristbands aims to give both our girls and volunteers the full festival experience. That means live bands, a pamper zone, hot tubs, a Leaders Lounge, cinema screenings, huge inflatables, zip-lining and much much more.
When: Friday 25 to Monday 28 August 2017
How much: Tickets cost £105 - booking for 2017 now closed
What's happening in 2017?
Just like our very own Glastonbury, Wellies and Wristbands doesn’t just have a great line-up – it also offers girls array of festival activities to get stuck into. Girls will be able to:
- catch big names on our main stage
- duck and dive on inflatable slides and obstacle courses
- hang out with friends in one of our hot tubs
- try their hand at climbing, abseiling and other adventurous activities
- challenge their unit to a game of mini 5-aside football or netball
- take to the stage to compete in a talent competition
- settle down to watch a film in our cinema
- test their balance on a crate-stacking challenge
- relax and unwind with braiding and nail art in the pamper zone.
Plus this year, we’ve a brand new line-up of amazing bands to really make you move your feet, which includes previous performers Road Trip and Call on Sunday (check out their announcements on our YouTube channel!).
Loads for Leaders to enjoy
Every aspect of the event was so well organised, from the pre-event information and the shuttle bus service from the station, to the activities and catering. All we had to do was arrive with our tents ready for fun! Robyn, 1st Newport Pagnell Guides
Planning to bring your girls? You’ll be able to join them on many of the more challenging activities – and there’ll be a special Leaders’ Lounge with free tea and coffee, badge-swapping and crafts. Plus, we're offering various training opportunities at Wellies too, including 1st Response, giving you a chance to develop your skills and knowledge.
And the best bit? You won’t need a Going Away with Licence for this event, meaning you can spend less time with admin, and more time getting stuck in. Visit our page for Leaders for key information about travel, food and facilities.
How much is it?
Tickets cost £105. Ticket price includes:
- campsite fees
- full catering from Friday night until Monday lunchtime
- transport from a local station
- wristbands (bring your own wellies!)
- … and much more!
No Going Away with Licence is required, but there is an opportunity for you to work towards yours at this event.
NB: Bookings for 2017 have now closed
Do something unforgettable
There's always a way that you can get more involved with Girlguiding. We have events and opportunities for all ages across the UK and around the world.