Keep members safe while playing
If you are doing parachute games with your group, check out our planning checklist.
- Check your parachute has no hole in the centre, or only has a hole as big as a tennis ball.
- Clear the space of furniture and shoes.
- Being mindful of people under the parachute.
- Watch for flying bean bags and balls!
- If pulling people under the parachute, ensure girls are mindful of hurting themselves or others.
- Manage the game so that participants know when to stop
- Make sure girls don't collide or step on each other.
- Avoid putting heads through the hole in the centre of the parachute.
- Be mindful of games that can cause injuries to the neck area.