How we use the annual subscription
How Girlguiding uses your membership fee to support our work with girls and young women
The annual subscription that we pay is an investment in the future of guiding
This year, like every year since 1948, Girlguiding will ask every member to pay their ‘subscription’ – or membership fee.
Subscriptions support our incredible volunteers to change the lives of girls and young women and inspire them to be their best.
How your subs are spent
The money is spent supporting our members in two ways:
- towards running costs of your District, Division, County or Country and Region - ask your local Commissioner for more details to find out more
- to support Girlguiding as a national charity so that we can provide you with essential services.
It all adds up to something great - the largest organisation for girls and young women in the UK.
Thank you for continuing to support and believe in our work!
National services supported by your subs
Latest guiding information and news:
- guiding magazine
- e-newsletters specific to your role
- our website
- our virtual community of members on social media - and our friendly help.
Help with finances:
- grants - to open a new unit or give girls an adventure
- support to claim Gift Aid
- online fundraising advice
- offers and discounts.
- access to a network of experienced Trainers
- online training modules
- training to gain new or specialist skills.
- advice on keeping adults and girls safe
- recruitment and disclosure checks
- help with data protection
- legal advice
- support to make or deal with complaints.
Fun for girls (and adults!):
Find out more
Discover how subscriptions support our work with girls and young women.