A Safe Space, Level 2 – Creating a safe space
Find out what you can do to create a safe space
Who’s it for
Leaders, assistant leaders, unit helpers, leaders in training, young leaders, peer educators and those that need to complete Level 3 and 4.
Our older A Safe Space training is the equivalent of Levels 1 and 2 of this A Safe Space training
You’ll learn about
- What is a safe space and why it’s important
- What to do if you have concerns about a member
- How to create a safe space
- What to do if it isn’t safe
- How to keep yourself safe
- Where to go to for help
What you need to do
Go to a training session OR do module two e-learning, followed by a chat with your commissioner or A Safe Space trainer.
How long does it take?
- Training session: 2 to 2.5 hours. Speak to your commissioner or country/region office to find out when the next session is.
- E-learning: 20 to 25 minutes.
- Follow-up chat: About 10 minutes.
If you need it for your role, go on to do A Safe Space, Level 3 – Recognising, telling and taking action