A Safe Space, Level 2 – Creating a safe space
Find out what you can do to create a safe space
Who’s it for
Leaders, assistant leaders, unit helpers, leaders in training, young leaders including those doing the Young Leaders qualification, peer educators and those that need to complete Level 3 and 4.
Our older A Safe Space training is the equivalent of Levels 1 and 2 of this A Safe Space training
You’ll learn about
- What is a safe space and why it’s important
- What to do if you have concerns about a member
- How to create a safe space
- What to do if it isn’t safe
- How to keep yourself safe
- Where to go to for help
What you need to do
You can either go to a face-to-face training session or complete the module two e-learning and have a follow up chat with A Safe Space trainer or a commissioner. They'll need to have up to date Levels 1-3 training. Download the module 2 worksheet and follow up guidance.
If you're attending a Level 3 training session, you might be able to have your follow-up chat with the same trainer before the session. Contact your training coordinator to plan this in advance.
How long does it take?
- Training session: 2 to 2.5 hours. Speak to your commissioner or country/region office to find out when the next session is.
- E-learning: 20 to 25 minutes and a follow-up chat of about 10 minutes.
If you need it for your role, go on to do A Safe Space, Level 3 – Recognising, telling and taking action