A Safe Space, Level 2 – Creating a safe space
Find out what you can do to create a safe space
Who’s it for
For leaders, assistant leaders, unit helpers, leaders in training, young leaders, peer educators, those attending residential events and those that need Level 3 and 4.
Don't forget you will also need to complete Level 1.
Everyone needs to have the correct level of A Safe Space training for their role. You may have your membership withdrawn if you do not complete the levels you need. Find out what happens if you haven't completed your training.
You’ll learn about
- What is a safe space and why it’s important
- What to do if you have concerns about a member
- How to create a safe space
- What to do if it isn’t safe
- How to keep yourself safe
- Where to go to for help
What you need to do
You can either go to a face-to-face training session or complete the module 2 e-learning.
How long does it take?
- E-learning: 20 to 25 minutes. Don't forget to have your membership number or enquiry reference to hand so that when you complete it can be added to your GO record.
- Training session: 2 to 2.5 hours. Speak to your commissioner or country/region office to find out when the next session is.