A Safe Space, Level 2 – Creating a safe space
Find out what you can do to create a safe space
Who’s it for
Leaders, assistant leaders, unit helpers, leaders in training, young leaders including those doing the Young Leaders qualification, peer educators and those that need to complete Level 3 and 4.
Our older A Safe Space training is the equivalent of Levels 1 and 2 of this A Safe Space training
You’ll learn about
- What is a safe space and why it’s important
- What to do if you have concerns about a member
- How to create a safe space
- What to do if it isn’t safe
- How to keep yourself safe
- Where to go to for help
What you need to do
Go to a training session OR do module two e-learning, followed by a chat A Safe Space trainer or a commissioner who has up-to-date Levels 1-3 training and is confident in doing this.
If you are attending a Level 3 training session, you might be able to have your follow-up chat with the same trainer before the session. Contact your training coordinator to plan this in advance.
How long does it take?
- Training session: 2 to 2.5 hours. Speak to your commissioner or country/region office to find out when the next session is.
- E-learning: 20 to 25 minutes.
- Follow-up chat: About 10 minutes.
If you need it for your role, go on to do A Safe Space, Level 3 – Recognising, telling and taking action