A Safe Space, Level 2 – Creating a safe space
Find out what you can do to create a safe space
Who’s it for
Leaders, assistant leaders, unit helpers, leaders in training, young leaders, peer educators, and those that need to complete Level 3 and 4.
Our older A Safe Space training is the equivalent of Levels 1 and 2 of this A Safe Space training
You’ll learn about
- What is a safe space and why it’s important
- What to do if you have concerns about a member
- How to create a safe space
- What to do if it isn’t safe
- How to keep yourself safe
- Where to go to for help
What you need to do
You can either go to a face-to-face training session or complete the module 2 e-learning and have a follow up chat with A Safe Space trainer or a commissioner. They'll need to have up to date Levels 1-3 training. Download the module 2 worksheet and follow up guidance.
If you're attending a Level 3 training session, you might be able to have your follow-up chat with the same trainer before the session. Contact your training coordinator to plan this in advance.
How long does it take?
- Training session: 2 to 2.5 hours. Speak to your commissioner or country/region office to find out when the next session is.
- E-learning: 20 to 25 minutes and a follow-up chat of about 10 minutes.
If you need it for your role, go on to do A Safe Space, Level 3 – Recognising, telling and taking action