A Safe Space, Level 3 – Recognising, telling and taking action
How you recognise signs of abuse and how you respond to allegations, disclosures or concerns
Who’s it for?
Any member leading a team of adults, leaders in charge (or at least one leader per unit with module four of the Leadership qualification), mentors, advisers, coordinators (except GO coordinators), licence holders on residentials, trainers, tutors and those who need to complete Level 4.
You’ll learn about
- What to do if someone tells you about a concern, allegation or disclosure
- How to recognise there is a concern
- How you can support and help someone tell their story safely
- How to take action and with whom
- Where to get help
What you need to do
Do module three e-learning, then go to a training session.
How long does it take?
- Training session 3 to 3.5 hours. Ask your commissioner or country/region office when the next one is.
- E-learning: 20 to 25 minutes. You need to complete this module before you attend the training session.
Already have safeguarding expertise or experience outside of guiding?
Check out our recognising prior safeguarding learning and experience process to be exempt from Level 3.
Please submit completed forms to your trainer coordinator or a Safe Space trainer to review.
Before your training
Check out our A Safe Space booklet, it includes all the topics you'll cover in the training.