How to use GO
A guide to help parents and carers learn how to use GO
When a parent or carer registers a girl to join Girlguiding, a GO record is created for them.
GO, which stands for Guiding Organiser, is our membership system that records our members' information. This means that, as a parent or carer, you can keep the details of the girl in your care up to date. You can also check the programme records and see all the fun they're having in their unit.
These are some top tips to help you use GO.
I don’t have a login/I've forgotten my password
If you haven’t got a log in, or you can’t remember your username or password, click on the relevant buttons on the GO homepage, below where you would enter your details, for help logging in or signing up. Remember to check your spam folder if the confirmation email doesn’t arrive. If you’re still having problems, please contact [email protected].
How do I update details?
Have you moved house or changed your mobile number? Don’t forget to change it on GO. You can also check all your personal details and the girl in your care's details are correct, including emergency details. It’s good to check this at least once a term.
If you need to update or add details about your young member's medical situation, for example any allergies, you can add this too. Don’t forget to let the leader know so they can plan for any support your girl may need.
I want to register another child
If you already have a child in guiding and want to register another young person, log into GO and click on ‘My daughters’ and then ‘Register daughter’. You’ll only need to add the child’s name, date of birth and unit.
How do I use GO safely?
As with any system, it’s really important that you use it safely and not put yourself at risk. Make sure you have effective security software installed on your computer, such as anti-virus software, anti-spyware software and a firewall.
If you think your computer has been infected with a virus or other malicious software don't access GO until you’ve had it checked out and it's safe.
You should also avoid using a shared computer. If you have to use a shared computer, make sure you:
- Have your own email address to keep messages confidential.
- Don’t leave the computer logged in and unattended.
- Set up a screen saver to lock the computer when you’re away from it - even if it’s just while you make a cup of tea.
And keep your GO account secure by following these tips:
- Don't write down your username and password.
- Don't share your username and password with anyone else.
- Choose a strong password and change it regularly.
- If your web browser has a 'remember my passwords' feature, turn this off when you're using GO.
- Always click the ‘Log Out’ button to make sure you've logged out when you're done.