The Guide law and you
Thinking about the Law
Do your Guides truly understand all parts of the Law?
- Give each Patrol a copy of the Guide Law. Ask them to discuss each part of the Law and to come up with some examples of how they could keep each one.
- Bring all the Patrols back together and have a group discussion, allowing each Patrol to feed back to everyone on their discussion.
- Once the group discussion has finished, get the girls to go back into their Patrols and put the parts of the Law in order of priority.
- Bring the Patrols back together and discuss each Patrol’s order of priority.
- As a unit, see if you can agree on the order. Discuss the lower-priority parts and suggest ways that they can be kept.
Promise activities may encourage girls to talk about their own backgrounds and belief systems. Read our guidance on including all girls.
|Section||Number of girls per adult|
How many adults are needed?
Use this calculator to find out the ratio of girls to adults that is required for this activity