Guide web safe code
Are you safe online? Check out the Guide web safe code
Take a look at the Guide web safe code to make sure that you browse the internet safely
- Make sure that you only use social networking websites that are designed for your age.
- Only accept friends that you actually know on social networking websites.
- Don't publish or give out any of your personal details, like your address or mobile number.
- Always ask permission before uploading photos or videos online.
- If someone online is upsetting you, you can block contacts and report that someone that is making you feel uncomfortable.
- Be wary of emails that contain unknown links, clicking the links can download viruses or other harmful files onto your devices. Check with an adult first if you are unsure.
- If you send pictures, be aware that these can be forwarded onto others.
- Remember that online friends are really strangers no matter how long you have been talking to them or how friendly they seem. Don't arrange to meet up with anyone you have been chatting to online.
- Tell a trusted adult if something online upsets you.
Visit the Think U Know website to learn more about online safety.