World Thinking Day
World Thinking Day 2020: Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Every year on 22 February, we celebrate World Thinking Day.
We’re part of a bigger movement - the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS) - and World Thinking Day is a chance for us to connect with 10 million Girl Guides and Scouts across the globe. And to shout about the amazing things we do.
The theme for 2020 is Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. At Girlguiding, these values are at the core of what we do, as we work to ensure that all girls receive the same great guiding experience.
Our volunteers work hard to make their units inclusive by creating a safe environment where all girls feel an equal sense of belonging and receive tailored support to reach their maximum potential.
We also want our units and members to recognise diversity by embracing the common differences that may exist among people, including social and economic background, height, weight, hobbies and interests.
It’s our responsibility to make sure all members – no matter what their identity or background – feel supported and involved in guiding. World Thinking Day is a chance for girls and young women all over the world to connect and celebrate what makes them truly unique.
How can I get involved?
- Download WAGGGS’ activity pack, Living Threads, to do in your unit
- Tell your girls, volunteer teams and parents about World Thinking Day and what it means to us, so that they’re excited about it!
- Share your stories of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion - what makes you unique? - in guiding on social media using #WTD2020
- Think about how you can help your units to celebrate diversity, equity and inclusion. Maybe you could challenge them to plan a unit meeting and see what the results are
- Pick up your World Thinking Day 2020 badge - available to buy on our online shop now
Keep an eye on Discover, grow and our social media channels in early 2020 for more information on how you can celebrate World Thinking Day with us.