World Thinking Day
World Thinking Day 2019: Leadership
Every year on 22 February, we celebrate World Thinking Day. We’re part of a bigger movement - the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS) - and World Thinking Day is a chance for us to connect with 10 million Girl Guides and Scouts across the globe. And to shout about the amazing things we do.
The theme for 2019 is leadership. For over 100 years we’ve helped girls to lead the way, putting them at the forefront of everything we do. Whether it’s our new programme, our campaigns on issues that matter to girls and young women, or our research into their lives today; World Thinking Day is a chance for us to celebrate our girl-led movement.
How can I get involved?
- Download WAGGGS’ activity pack, 110 Years of Adventure, to do in your unit
- Tell your girls, volunteer teams and parents about World Thinking Day and what it means to us, so that they’re excited about it!
- Share your stories of leadership in guiding on social media using #WTD2019
- Think about how you can help your units to take the lead. Maybe you could challenge them to plan a unit meeting and see what the results are
- Pick up your World Thinking Day 2019 badge - available to buy on our online shop now
Keep an eye on Discover, grow and our social media channels in early 2019 for more information on how you can celebrate World Thinking Day with us.
Check out what happened in 2018
It was great to see so many of you celebrating World Thinking Day 2018 with your units and sharing your own stories of the impact of guiding. Here’s a few of our favourite photos that were sent to us by members.