World Thinking Day
World Thinking Day 2022: Our World, Our Equal Future
Every year on 22 February, we celebrate World Thinking Day.
We’re part of a bigger movement - the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS) - and World Thinking Day is a chance for us to connect with 10 million Girl Guides and Scouts across the globe. And to shout about the amazing things we do.
The theme for 2022 is Our World, Our Equal Future. On International Day of the Girl 2020, WAGGGS asked Girl Guides and Girl Scouts under 18 from 100 countries what issues they were most concerned about and found out that their number one worry is the environment.
So, this year’s World Thinking Day is the start of a three-year journey for members to become environmentally aware leaders. World Thinking Day in 2022, 2023 and 2024 will focus on the environment.
- Download WAGGGS’ activity pack (PDF) to do with your unit
- Tell your girls, volunteer teams and parents about World Thinking Day and what it means to us, so that they’re excited about it!
- Share your stories on social media using #WTD2022
- Think about how you can help your units to celebrate - maybe you could challenge them to plan a unit meeting and see what the results are
- Pick up your World Thinking Day 2022 badge - available to buy on our online shop now.
- Go to a country, region or Activity Centre event.