World Thinking Day
World Thinking Day 2021: Peacebuilding
Every year on 22 February, we celebrate World Thinking Day.
We’re part of a bigger movement - the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS) - and World Thinking Day is a chance for us to connect with 10 million Girl Guides and Scouts across the globe. And to shout about the amazing things we do.
The theme for 2021 is Peacebuilding. Peacebuilding is at the heart of Girl Guiding and Girl Scouting and is as vital and relevant today as for the last 100 years.
How can I get involved?
- Download WAGGGS’ activity pack, Come Together For Peace, to do in your unit
- Tell your girls, volunteer teams and parents about World Thinking Day and what it means to us, so that they’re excited about it!
- Check out the World Thinking Day events planned for your country or region.
- Share your stories on social media using #WTD2021
- Think about how you can help your units to celebrate - maybe you could challenge them to plan a unit meeting and see what the results are
- Pick up your World Thinking Day 2021 badge - available to buy on our online shop now