Fund for members with disabilities
If you are a member with a disability, or a volunteer supporting someone's additional needs, this grant can give you financial help
Apply for this grant to help ensure your unit is inclusive
We want all of our members to take part in all that we have to offer. This grant supports members with disabilities and their supporting peers, and helps to cover assistance, transport, training and the development of an accessible programme.
Who is eligible?
This fund is available for:
- members with additional needs
- volunteers supporting members with additional needs.
One application per year can be made for an individual or group.
How much funding is available?
We consider each funding application and the amount of the grant on an individual basis.
What does the funding cover?
This grant can be put towards the cost of:
- a 'buddy' for an individual or group of members with disabilities to attend a camp or holiday
- transport for members with disabilities to attend a camp or holiday
- specialist equipment and resources
- a training event for promoting awareness of disabilities and inclusion or practical knowledge, for example manual handling, to maintain a safe environment for members with disabilities in guiding
- providing inclusive activities for members with disabilities at Girlguiding events.
Unfortunately we can't consider applications for:
- buddies for individuals in a unit to attend weekly meetings
- transport to and from unit meetings
- members of the Trefoil Guild or Trefoil Guild projects
- adaptations to buildings or premises where guiding events or meetings take place.
Apply for this grant
Fill in this application form to apply for the grant. Make sure you indicate which grant you're applying for too.