Employers' liability insurance

The insurance you need if you employ a member of staff

Girlguiding employers' liability insurance covers you if you employ a member of staff or volunteer.

Who’s covered?

If you employ anyone, paid or unpaid, they are covered by this insurance policy. So you don’t need to take out cover of your own.

This policy covers anyone deemed to be an employee, including salaried or non-salaried employees of Girlguiding, countries and regions, counties, districts, divisions, units, the Trefoil Guild, properties and groups.

This includes volunteers and part-time people such as cleaners, administration staff and caretakers. It may also cover labour-only subcontractors - someone who is self-employed but works for you.

What does the policy cover?

If someone has an accident while working for you, and they make a claim that their injury was caused by your negligence, then our employers' liability insurance covers Girlguiding and you.

What do I need to do?

You should display a copy of the employers’ liability certificate in your property or office to show that you’re covered.

Contact our insurance team

For more information, please contact our insurance team, either by phoning 0845 260 1053 or by emailing [email protected].