Magic and Mayhem
A fun-filled, circus-themed extravaganza for Rainbows and Brownies
Magic tricks, circus skills and bedtime stories in a Big Top
Magic and Mayhem is our extra-special camp for Rainbows and Brownies. Across several exciting zones, girls try their hand at Zumba, juggling, caving, science experiments - and might even learn some card tricks to wow their friends! There's also the chance to have a once-in-a-lifetime sleepover in a Big Top.
It's a really good day - there are so many different activties that the girls can do, and it's good value for money. It’s good that the girls see that they’re part of a wider guiding. We're already thinking about coming again next year! - Hesta, Sarah and the 2nd Otford Brownies
When: Saturday 9 to Sunday 10 June 2018.
How much: For girls, it's £58.50 for the full overnight stay, and only £33 if you’re just coming to Saturday daytime. For Leaders and adults, it's £40 for the overnight stay and £15 just for the day.
See what girls got up to at the last Magic and Mayhem
Magic and Mayhem is our biggest national event for girls between 5 and 10, and aims to give them all the fun of a festival in a safe and inclusive environment.
As soon as they arrive, girls will get to explore different ‘zones’ - set around a real-life Big Top - each with its own themed activities.
- Circus – see professionals demonstrate some mind-boggling circus skills, before getting to try them out. Brownies will even get a chance to earn their Circus Performer badge.
- Magic and making – get messy making juggling balls and ribbon sticks, and learning magic tricks!
- Fun – what it says on the tin - huge inflatables and lots more games!
- Dance and music – Zumba, Bollywood dancing, drumming and singing will be on offer so girls can let their inner star shine.
- Physical – including tunnelling, low ropes and bungee trampolining.
Outside of the zones, there will be lots of other activities to get stuck into - including a sleuthing treasure hunt! On Saturday night in the Big Top, everyone will put on their dancing shoes for a disco, before girls who are staying over bed down for some late night story-telling.
You don’t need a Going Away With Licence to bring your girls to Magic and Mayhem – so you can spend more time with them, and less time on logistics.
How much is it?
Tickets cost £58.50 for the full overnight stay for girls, and £40 for Leaders and adults. This price includes:
- food on Saturday and Sunday morning
- transport from a local station
- all activities.
If you only wish to attend the Saturday day event, tickets cost £33 for girls and £15 for Leaders and adults.
Payments can be made via cheque or over the phone by credit/debit card.
How do I book?
Tickets will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.