Make a banner
Attending an event? Hire a banner from Girlguiding - or create your own - to make a real impact
Find out how to produce a display banner to promote your guiding area
Banners at local events, fairs or open days can be a great way to engage with a large number of people - and flags will help make your unit visible at events and camps. You can:
- hire a banner from us for free (plus postage and packaging)
- order a bespoke flag or banner from Girlguiding's personalised merchandise service
- create a localised banner using our Online Print Centre.
Hiring a banner
Our range of indoor banners has been designed to show people what Girlguiding is all about. There are seven different designs available, which can be viewed in the Guiding Essentials catalogue - and ordered by emailing [email protected].
Each banner is:
- 2160mm in height
- 850mm in width
- made of PVC, with a metal base
- rolled in a tubular, canvas bag, with a shoulder strap (measuring approximately 880mm in length and 400mm in circumference)
These banners are covered by insurance taken out by Girlguiding for loss, damage and theft while they are in your possession. However, the banners should be kept in a secure location at all times. If they are to be kept overnight, please ensure that they are dismantled and stored in a locked, secure area.
There is no charge to hire the banners, but there is a standard change to deliver to and collect from the destination of your choice. Banners can be hired individually or in pairs. The postage and packaging cost (for mainland UK) of hiring one banner is £12, for two banners it is £16.
Banners are designed for indoor use only.
Ordering a personalised flag or banner
Flags and banners from our personalised merchandise service can be tailored to specific units, sections and events, and are machine-washable.
- View the Guiding Essentials catalogue and select which flag or banner you would like.
- Email [email protected] with details of your order.
- Delivery will take between six to eight weeks.
Creating your own banner
To help you to create indoor and outdoor banners for your local area, we have made a range of banner templates, which are available on the Online Print Centre. These allow you to create on-brand banners targeted to your local area in a matter of minutes.
If the templates available on the Online Print Centre do not meet your requirements, make sure you follow our Identity Guidelines when designing your banner, and adhere to the following instructions.
- Your full local logo should be used on all banners. This includes all the elements: the logo panel, the trefoil, our name ‘Girlguiding’, our strapline, the logo panel border and the highlight.
- Our logos should always point inwards.
- Multiple logos can appear on a banner – all logos should point to the centre of the banner.
- Any text used on the banner alongside the logo should use the official Girlguiding typeface, Trebuchet MS.
- The logo must be used only in Girlguiding’s official colours and in accordance with our logo guidelines.
- Images must be large enough so that they do not become distorted when the banner is printed. It is best to avoid .jpeg files and instead use .png, .tiff or other large image files.
- Any photos used on the banner should adhere to our photo guidelines.
- Girlguiding brand elements can be used on the banner, but should not be altered in any way.
To make sure that your banner design is on-brand, you can email [email protected] and our marketing team will be happy to review your design
Help grow guiding in your area
Attending events is just one of the ways you can bring more girls and volunteers to your unit.