Insurance information for property managers

Make sure the space you run is properly covered

It’s important to make sure that the space you run is properly covered by insurance

We provide some policies that will cover your building, but there are some things you’ll need to take out yourselves.

What policies do we provide?

The policies that Girlguiding provides for your property are:

You’ll need to display an up-to-date copy of these policies in your property for all users to see. 

What policies will I need to take out?

There are many policies that you could take out depending on the kind of property you have, for example, you might need a motor policy if you have a ride-on lawnmower.

Whatever the nature of your property, you will need to have buildings and contents insurance

If your guide group owns a property (including if the legal title is held by The Guide Association Trust Corporation), it is your responsibility to take out these policies yourself. 

If your group rents its property under a lease, you will need to look at the terms of your lease to see if you or your landlord is responsible for insuring the building.

You can take out insurance with any reputable insurance company, although Girlguiding has a partnership with Unity Insurance Services who can provide these policies. 

As you are covered by our public liability insurance, you can take out a property policy which does not include it, so check the content of your policy carefully.

We can't check the contents of every policy, but if you have any questions about the cover contact our Insurance department on [email protected]