Travelling Abroad module
Take your girls on an international adventure by completing this module of the Going Away With scheme
Plan an international adventure with Travelling Abroad, Module 9 of our Going Away With scheme
If you're planning to take your girls abroad, you will need to complete, or be working towards, this module.
Who can apply?
Before you start this module, you must:
- hold the Going Away With licence (Modules 1 to 4)
- have led a Girlguiding residential event lasting two nights or more
Before you depart on the international trip to be assessed, you must:
- have completed the relevant modules of the Going Away With scheme for the section you are taking away and the type of event you are planning
What will I learn?
This modules covers all aspects of organising and running a residential abroad, including:
- planning and budgeting
- communicating with and gaining permission from parents
- booking accommodation and transport
- organising insurance
- health care plans and planning for emergencies
- post-event evaluation.
This qualification is practically assessed so you will need to plan and run a residential abroad to complete it. Along the way, you'll be assessed by a mentor, and will need to keep a record of evidence to show what you have done.
How much will it cost?
Remember: you will need to complete a residential abroad as part of this qualification, so it's important to consider this cost too.
How do I get started?
- Contact your local commissioner, who will put you in touch with an appropriate Adviser in your area.
- Buy a copy of the Going Away With scheme from the online shop.
- Your Adviser will then help you to find a suitable mentor, who can support you through this module.
Buy the Going Away With Scheme
You can get your Scheme from Girlguiding's online shop. If you need to search for it, the product code is 6478.