Rowing Training Scheme
Learn how to take girls rowing
Develop your rowing skills and learn how to teach girls
Completing the Girlguiding Rowing Training Scheme will mean you can instruct and supervise members in rowing activities.
What will I learn?
There are three levels to the Scheme.
- Level 1 - rowing on your own or as part of a crew.
- Level 2 - instructing rowing when you're in the same boat as the crew.
- Level 3 - instructing and managing rowers in more than one boat.
What will I need to do?
The levels are three separate qualifications. Each qualification is made up of a number of modules that teach different skills, which you must prove that you have learned in order to pass. Your Adviser will suggest appropriate activities and events where you can gain relevant experience.
Who can take these qualifications?
Anyone who is interested in supporting girls and young women to go rowing. You do not have to be a Girlguiding member - but you will need an up-to-date 1st Response Certificate or higher first aid qualification.
- Level 1 – can be completed by any Guide, member of The Senior Section or adult who has previous experience of rowing.
- Level 2 – can be completed by anyone over the age of 16 who has previous experience of rowing and has completed Level 1 - or an equivalent qualification.
- Level 3 – can be completed by anyone over the age of 18 who has previous experience of rowing and has completed Level 2 - or an equivalent qualification.
Alternative rowing qualifications are listed in the Rowing Training Scheme.
How much will it cost?
You will need to pay the cost of the training session. Speak to your Outdoor Activities Adviser for further information as there may be grants or funds you can access.
How do I get started?
Download the Rowing Training Scheme
You can download the Scheme for free for more information.