5 tips for surviving your first festival
If you're a festival first-timer, check out these essential top tips to get ready for the big weekend
Five festival essentials
Every year in August, thousands of Guides and Rangers head to Foxlease and Waddow Hall for Wellies and Wristbands – our very own guiding Glastonbury.
Wellies and Wristbands is a real festival experience. There’s live music, film screenings, hot tubs and pamper zones. Plus, it wouldn’t be a true Girlguiding event without a bit of adventure, so you can get the adrenaline pumping with abseiling, zip-lining and much more.
If you’re heading to your first festival this summer, here’s our top tips for having a brilliant time:
- Make a pre-festival playlist. This can be your essential listening for the journey to Foxlease or Waddow Hall. By the time you arrive, you’ll know all the words and be ready to sing along when you see your favourite bands live!
- You don’t need as many clothes as you think… You’ll be grateful you’ve packed light when you’re carting your rucksack, tent and sleeping bag (and the rest!) around the site.
- …but don’t forget your waterproofs! We can’t guarantee sunshine and the fun will go on whatever the weather. You don’t want to be stuck in your tent because you didn’t pack a rainproof jacket or wellies.
- It’s not a festival without glitter. Festivals are your time to shine, so bring lots of glitter to paint you and your friends’ faces. We’d recommend some eco-friendly, biodegradable glitter.
- Wet wipes are your friend. A festival essential – make sure you’ve got a pack to hand. Seek out eco-friendly versions.
And a bonus tip…
- Have fun! The most important advice of all. Try something new, sing as loud as you can and enjoy every minute. It will be over before you know it!
Watch our video diary to get a taste of festival life
Want to know more about what Wellies and Wristbands is like? Check out Jess and Kathryn's video diary. Follow them to the front of the main stage, fly with them down the zip wire and join them for a midnight feast!
Book Wellies and Wristbands
Wellies and Wristbands is on 23-26 August 2019. Tickets are £122.50 and are on sale until 31 May 2019.