Get ready for Wellies and Wristbands
Our very own festival for Guides, Rangers and leaders
We’re so excited to welcome Guides, Rangers and leaders to Wellies and Wristbands in August.
It’s our very own festival, complete with music, adventure, friendship and much more.
We’ve got something for everyone, from hot tubs to zip wires, craft to campfires, space to kayaking. And, of course, lots of music! But, like any festival, you’ve got to pack! Here’s our list of top things to remember for the weekend.
Our top things to bring, as well as a warm, waterproof coat and trousers and wellies, are…
- Lots of festival wear, including sturdy shoes, a warm jumper and a swimsuit
- Toiletries, like a toothbrush and toothpaste, any medication you need to take, hairbrush and wet wipes, period products if you need them and a towel and flannel
- Clothes to wear during the event
- A smaller bag for during the day, like a bum bag. Make sure you also have a water bottle, camera, watch and pocket money.
- Sun cream and hat if it looks like it’ll be hot
- A torch and some spare batteries
- A small first aid kit
- Two copies of your Health Information form (ask your leader for this form – without it you won’t be able to stay)
- Don't forget camping gear! You'll need a tent, camping mat, sleeping bag, pyjamas and camping chair. Bringing a blanket and small pillow is also a good idea.
Check with leaders if they’re providing tents and if they’re printing your Health Information form too. Remember that all Girlguiding members, including parents, have access to a special discount at GO Outdoors, our recommended outdoor retailer. You can find tents, outdoor gear, and lots of other camping essentials to help your festival experience go smoothly. To access your discount online please use the online code that can be found on our GO Membership System. You can also pop into a GO Outdoors store, and show your Girlguiding uniform at the till.
Make sure you get the fun stuff sorted too:
- Make a pre-festival playlist. This can be your essential listening for the journey and help you get ready for a weekend of music.
- It’s not a festival without glitter. Festivals are your time to shine, so bring lots of glitter to paint you and your friends’ faces. We’d recommend some eco-friendly, biodegradable glitter.
- Decide on the things you definitely want to do while you’re there. There’s a pamper zone, hot tubs, cinema screenings, huge inflatables and zip-lining and much more!
Want to book tickets for Wellies and Wristbands 2022? It’s taking place at Foxlease and Waddow Hall from 26-29 August and tickets cost £139 per person. Find out more and book tickets.