Tesco Farm to Fork Trails
An exciting (and edible) adventure
Go behind the scenes at your local Tesco, where girls can use taste, smell and touch to learn about healthy eating while having fun.
Who helps bananas make it into your fruit bowl?
Where does sugar come from?
Why is it important to keep hydrated?
Farm to Fork Trails are free and available at local large Tesco stores across the UK. They’re designed for 4 to 11 year olds to learn more about food in a fun and accessible way.
There are four different in-store trails you can go on.
- Explore the Store - the original and popular trail, where girls can explore Tesco’s chillers and counters. They will learn how bread is made, sample some tasty cheese and have a close encounter with some fresh fish!
- Healthy Eating - help your girls understand the importance of a healthy and balanced diet by tasting healthy snacks, exploring what ‘five a day’ really means and making muesli.
- Sustainability - discover how food like fish, bananas and cocoa can be sourced responsibly to protect our planet. Girls will be encouraged to think about caring for each other and the world around them.
- Food for Fuel - find out what athletes around the world eat to keep their bodies fit and strong, and get hands-on making some fruit-flavoured water to stay hydrated.
Each theme has lots of resources to engage girls before and after your store visit. Plus, at the end of completing your first trail, you’ll be able to get an exclusive Farm to Fork badge.
Tesco also offer seasonal trails for Easter, Christmas, Diwali and Autumn Harvest, so keep an eye out for these! Please note that Farm to Fork badges are only available for the four 'core' trails.
How to book
To book your Rainbows or Brownies onto a Farm to Fork Trail follow these steps.
- On The Tesco Eat Happy Project website, choose your trail theme, then enter your location to find a store near you.
- Select a store and then click ‘Book a trail’. (You’ll need to register before you can book your first trail).
- Your local Farm to Fork Trail Guide will get in touch with you to arrange for your Rainbows or Brownies to come in store for a food adventure.
Tell us about your trip
Did you have a great time on a Farm to Fork Trail? Tag @EatHappyProject on Twitter and let them know what you got up to, and what you learned!
|Section||Number of girls per adult|
How many adults are needed?
Use this calculator to find out the ratio of girls to adults that is required for this activity