< 10 mins
Help develop essential non-verbal communication skills with a fun game.
- Divide the group into two even teams. Each team stands in a line, holding hands. Opposing teams should be facing each other.
- At one end of the two teams, set up a table and on it place a flag standing upright in a plastic cup.
- Stand at the other end of the two teams, opposite the table and flag.
- When you call out ‘Go!’, the team members begin to squeeze their neighbour’s hand, one-by-one, starting at the end next to you and continuing until the hand-squeeze reaches the other end of the line.
- When the last person’s hand is squeezed, she grabs the flag. The two teams race to see which one will grab the flag first.
Trips and falls are easy to prevent with a proper risk assessment – download our Being Prepared guidance to find out more.
|Section||Number of girls per adult|
How many adults are needed?
Use this calculator to find out the ratio of girls to adults that is required for this activity