Wonderful world of cress
Includes: Indoors, Nature and the great outdoors
Grow cress and mustard seeds.
Girls will love watching their seeds sprout.
- Take a clean plastic lid and fill it with damp cotton wool.
- Sprinkle the seeds over the surface.
- Cover the lid with a piece of card and keep the cotton wool moist.
- When the seeds have started to sprout, keep them somewhere light and water regularly.
- Invite girls to decorate their lid with small stones, pebbles, tiny toys and other items to make it into a miniature garden.
If an activity involves touching animals, soil or plants, make sure girls wash their hands immediately.
|Section||Number of girls per adult|
How many adults are needed?
Use this calculator to find out the ratio of girls to adults that is required for this activity