The Promise Tree
< 10 mins
What does the Promise mean to you?
Encourage girls to think about how they fulfil the different elements of the Promise in their daily lives.
- Give a piece of paper to each Guide.
- Ask the girls to draw a tree trunk on the paper and write the words ‘I Promise’ inside it.
- Ask them to write each part of the Promise to make the branches.
- Then ask them to think about each part of the Promise and write their thoughts on what it means and how they can keep it as leaves growing out of each branch.
- When they have finished their Promise tree, they can discuss what they have written with their Patrol. Are there some branches that have fewer leaves? Can they think of more things to add after discussing it?
Promise activities may encourage girls to talk about their own backgrounds and belief systems. Read our guidance on including all girls.
|Section||Number of girls per adult|
How many adults are needed?
Use this calculator to find out the ratio of girls to adults that is required for this activity