Includes: Outdoors, Adventure, Nature and the great outdoors
Bankers, jails and high fives!
This fun and ingenious game develops teamwork and communications skills.
- Three Leaders (or older girls) find a hiding place. They are allowed to move around. Another Leader is the banker and must stay in one place.
- Mark out a space to be the common jail.
- Split the girls into two teams and give each girl a piece of paper. Tell them how long the game will last, and the signal that will end the game.
- Choose one team to be the hunters. They can capture members of the other team and take them to the common jail, where they must remain until they are freed when a team mate high-fives them.
- After a short time (five minutes or so) the banker shouts "switch!" and the teams switch roles, with the hunted team now becoming the hunters – this can be very funny if someone is being captured at the time of the switch!
- Members of both teams try and find the Leaders and when they do, the Leader stamps their paper. Every time a member gets a stamp they must take it to be crossed off and banked for the team.
- The winners of the game are the team that gains the most stamps in the allotted time.
|Section||Number of girls per adult|
How many adults are needed?
Use this calculator to find out the ratio of girls to adults that is required for this activity