Sit down volleyball
A 'volley' good show
This fun and inclusive game burns off lots of energy, even though the girls are sitting!
- Get the girls into two teams, preferably with even numbers.
- Hang the net/rope in the middle of the meeting place.
- Each team should spread out and sit on either side of the net/rope.
- The aim of the game is to keep the beach ball in the air. Points are scored by hitting the ball onto the floor on the opposite team's side of the net.
- Girls must move around on the floor without using their feet.
- To take it further, you could hold a mini tournament, with each game lasting five minutes. The team that has scored the most points in that time wins and goes on to play a different team.
Trips and falls are easy to prevent with a proper risk assessment – download our Being Prepared guidance to find out more.
|Section||Number of girls per adult|
How many adults are needed?
Use this calculator to find out the ratio of girls to adults that is required for this activity