Our similarities and differences
Help the group see what they have in common, what makes us unique.
- Everyone draws a grid with nine squares.
- In each square they should write or draw one fact about themselves - perhaps they play the piano, walk to school, speak another language, have a pet hamster and so on.
- When everyone has completed the grid, ask the group to mingle and try to find one other person who has written the same fact as them. They can write that person’s name in the box with the fact.
- Discuss the following points.
- Is it good or bad to be different?
- Has each girl got something unique about her? Ask the girls to tell the rest of the group about their unique skills and characteristics.
- Were you surprised at any of the skills other people in your unit have?
- Does anyone have a skill she could pass on?
Promise activities may encourage girls to talk about their own backgrounds and belief systems. Read our guidance on including all girls.
|Section||Number of girls per adult|
How many adults are needed?
Use this calculator to find out the ratio of girls to adults that is required for this activity