Running a memory game
< 10 mins
Run and recall
Test Brownies' and Guides' memories and getting them running around.
- Get the girls into pairs and ask them to sit down facing each other in two long lines. Place a table at each end of the lines.
- Number each pair of girls.
- Divide the different objects into two groups but keep the pairs together. Place half the items on each table.
- Go through the objects so that everyone knows which table each item is on.
- Call out the number of one of the pairs and one of the types of items (eg ‘Two – coin’). The girls get up and run to the table where the item is, pick it up, run to the other table and put it down and return to their seat. The first one of the pair to do this is the winner. You can collect the scores of each team if you want to make it a competition. After a few rounds, all the items will have moved location and it will become increasingly difficult for the girls to find them.
Trips and falls are easy to prevent with a proper risk assessment – download our Being Prepared guidance to find out more.
|Section||Number of girls per adult|
How many adults are needed?
Use this calculator to find out the ratio of girls to adults that is required for this activity