This fun, creative activity teaches girls about Buddhist tradition and meditation.
- Draw as large a circle as you can on the sheet of paper and cut it out.
- Draw circles within the circle, then a simple symmetrical pattern inside the innermost circle.
- Next, spread glue over the pattern inside the innermost circle.
- With the Rainbows, fill the areas of the pattern with different coloured powder paints.
- When the glue is completely covered, spread glue on the circle band around it and, again with the Rainbows, fill it with a colour of their choice, such as Rainbow red or blue.
- Continue colouring the circles until the mandala is finished, and leave to dry.
When doing arts and crafts activities, supervise girls at all times to make sure they are using scissors, glue and items safely.
|Section||Number of girls per adult|
How many adults are needed?
Use this calculator to find out the ratio of girls to adults that is required for this activity