Photo cartoon fun
Make a cartoon from photos
Get creative and have fun by making a short photo cartoon.
- Plan the story in advance – girls need to think about how they can tell their story in just ten photographs.
- Take the unit out with their cameras so they can take their ten photos. Encourage girls to get as much action as they can into each picture. Rainbows could act out a simple story, with a Leader taking the photos.
- Encourage them to use things as props – for example, a rectangular gap in a fence could be a TV screen, a flat tree stump could be a coffee table, or three chairs pushed together could be a bridge or a river.
- Print the pictures (the girls could edit them for different effects) and stick the photos in order on the paper.
- Add speech bubbles, descriptions and captions, plus a punchy title.
With arts and crafts activities, watch girls at all times to make sure they are using scissors, glue and other items safely.
|Section||Number of girls per adult|
How many adults are needed?
Use this calculator to find out the ratio of girls to adults that is required for this activity