Peace role model
Peace in their time
Get girls thinking about peace and peace-makers.
- Collect a selection of magazines and newspapers and ask girls to look through them and do the following:
- Cut out pictures of people who have contributed to peace.
- Discuss in their group what each person has done to contribute to peace.
- Think about other famous people who have helped to make the world more peaceful – what qualities/characteristics do these people have?
- Who would the girls choose to be a peace role model to work with young people to build a more peaceful future?
- Discussion points
- Did the girls all agree on who had contributed to making a more peaceful world? Why?
- Why do they think people try to make the world more peaceful? What motivates them?
- Do the girls think they have chosen the same role models as their Leader or parents would have chosen? Why?
- Does each generation have its own role models or do some role models appeal to all generations? Why?
Discussing world issues can result in lively debate. Make sure everyone gets a say and manage any challenges from girls by following the guidance set out in our Guiding Conversation on Behaviour.
Supervise girls to ensure they are using scissors safely.
|Section||Number of girls per adult|
How many adults are needed?
Use this calculator to find out the ratio of girls to adults that is required for this activity