On the bus
< 10 mins
Burn off energy 'on the bus'
Grab a seat on an imaginary bus, and make it a journey to remember!
- Each girl gets a chair and they arrange them in short rows, with an aisle running down the middle (like the layout of a bus).
- Use one extra chair as a seat for the ‘driver’. Position two other chairs with a space between them to act as the doors. Leaders can sit on these chairs to supervise the game.
- Tell the girls that they are only allowed on and off the bus through the doors.
- A Leader shouts, ‘Off the bus!’ and the girls get up from their chairs and run through the doors.
- They run around the bus until a Leader shouts ‘On the bus!’ The girls must then go back through the doors and find a seat.
- Take one chair away each time. The girl who does not find a chair is out.
- The girl who manages to sit on the last chair is the winner.
Trips and falls are easy to prevent with a proper risk assessment – download our Being Prepared guidance to find out more.
|Section||Number of girls per adult|
How many adults are needed?
Use this calculator to find out the ratio of girls to adults that is required for this activity