Get on board
Zoom down a hill on an oversized skateboard. You could even try some tricks!
This activity involves riding on specially-designed 'turfboards', which are similar to skateboards but with larger wheels and greater stability. It's a bit like snowboarding but without the snow.
To take girls mountainboarding, you will need to find a reputable local activity provider.
See safety regulations for required checks.
More information is available from the All Terrain Boarding Association.
Before mountainboarding, make sure:
- the terrain has been inspected for holes, rocks, stumps or other obstacles
- there is enough space at the end of the slope to slow down in case of brake failure
- the incline of the slope matches the girls’ ability and experience
- the slope avoids merging with others using the space, such as hikers and mountain bikers
- the equipment has been checked for possible problems
- the girls go down slopes one at a time.
|Section||Number of girls per adult|
How many adults are needed?
Use this calculator to find out the ratio of girls to adults that is required for this activity