Make an ideal world
Create and design an imaginary world
Get girls to use their imaginations to create a place too good to be true. This activity generates lots of discussion as well as involving crafts.
Girls can choose from the activities below if they don't have time to do them all.
- Think of a name for their imaginary place.
- Invent a formal greeting.
- Design a tourist attraction.
- Make a postcard of the tourist attraction, then write a message and design a stamp.
- Make a flag.
- Create a cultural dish.
- Design and make an indigenous animal and/or plant or flower.
- Compose a No.1 pop song, and/or design its album cover.
- Choreograph a cultural dance.
- Devise an unusual form of transport.
- Create a youth organisation and explain its purpose.
- Invent an annual celebration.
- What is your place's cultural values?
- Each group could then give a presentation to introduce their imaginary destination to the rest of the unit.
With arts and crafts activities, watch girls at all times to make sure they are using scissors, glue and other items safely.
|Section||Number of girls per adult|
How many adults are needed?
Use this calculator to find out the ratio of girls to adults that is required for this activity