Make a lavender bag
Lavender bags can be 'sew' fun
Use recycled clothes to make a bag that smells great.
- Place a side plate on your piece of fabric and draw round it.
- Cut out the circle using pinking shears to create a zigzag edge.
- Now draw another circle, 3cm smaller in diameter and on the wrong side of the fabric.
- Using a needle and thread, sew a really loose running stitch along the line you have drawn.
- Put a tablespoon of lavender in the middle of the circle and pull the tread to draw up the stitches.
- Tie a piece of ribbon in a bow around the middle as a pretty finishing touch
With arts and crafts activities, watch girls at all times to make sure they are using scissors, glue and other items safely.
|Section||Number of girls per adult|
How many adults are needed?
Use this calculator to find out the ratio of girls to adults that is required for this activity