Make a dancing Chinese dragon
See in the Chinese New Year
Develop girls' creative skills and cultural awareness by making a colourful Chinese dragon.
- Draw the head and tail of the dragon onto the coloured paper.
- Cut them out and decorate with bright colours. You could also use glitter and feathers as decoration.
- Fold a different coloured piece of paper in half along its length.
- Cut along the fold. You should now have two rectangular shapes.
- Fold each of these up so they look like accordions and glue the two pieces together at the ends to make one long piece. This will be the dragon’s body.
- Glue or tape the head and the tail to the dragon’s body.
- Tape one skewer (or straw) to the head and one to the tail. You now have an excellent dancing dragon to celebrate Chinese New Year!
It’s important to make all girls feel included – especially when exploring diverse cultures. Read our guidance on including all girls.
|Section||Number of girls per adult|
How many adults are needed?
Use this calculator to find out the ratio of girls to adults that is required for this activity