Learn how light is reflected
Includes: Indoors, Team building and friendship
Hitting the target
Get girls thinking about light and how it's reflected.
- Stick the targets up around the room with the sticky tack.
- Divide the group into pairs and help them put a piece of acetate on the front of the torch, attaching it with the elastic band. (If you use different colours of acetate, it should be possible to see whose light beam it is.)
- Position the pairs at different points in the room so that they can all take part at the same time. They will need to use the mirrors at different angles to hit the targets.
- One girl should shine the torch straight ahead and the other girl should move the mirror so that the light is directed on to a target.
- Get them to try to hit the different targets without changing the position of the torch. See who can complete the course the fastest.
There are no specific safety notes. Have fun!
|Section||Number of girls per adult|
How many adults are needed?
Use this calculator to find out the ratio of girls to adults that is required for this activity