Inflatables go way beyond the traditional bouncy castle! From bungy runs to gladiator games, you're sure to get the giggles while trying these challenges.
This activity involves using inflatable equipment, such as bouncy castles, for games and fun. Inflatables can be hired for events or may be available at an activity centre.
Some swimming pools offer activities with water inflatables. For guidance on this, please see swimming regulations.
To use inflatables, you will need to find a reputable local activity provider.
The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA) provides information on how to select a provider and safely set up and run activities using inflatables.
- Inflatables should be securely anchored to the ground.
- Impact-absorbing mats should be placed at any entrance/exit points.
- Girls should be supervised at all times.
- If you feel the activity is overcrowded (eg participants are constantly colliding with each other), reduce the number of participants using the equipment at one time.
- Participants should remove jewellery and any sharp items of clothing, such as belts.
- It is recommended that adults and children do not use an inflatable simultaneously. Be aware that not all inflatables are designed for use by adults.
|Section||Number of girls per adult|
How many adults are needed?
Use this calculator to find out the ratio of girls to adults that is required for this activity
Check with the provider on the number of adults required to supervise the inflatable, unless otherwise stated on the hirer agreement.