Human table football
Hold a football tournament with a difference!
- Mark out a pitch with a goal at each end.
- Divide the girls into teams of eight and explain the rules of the game. As with many table football games, there are three rows of players – four at the front, three in the middle and one goal keeper. Get the girls to stand in this formation and link arms. Use masking tape or chalk to identify the lines they should stand on. The girls are allowed to move left and right along the line. They must prevent the ball from getting past them without letting go of each other or moving off the line.
- Number the teams and create an order of play. Decide whether to play in rounds or as a tournament.
- Give one Leader the whistle. She is the referee. Give someone the pen and paper so that they can keep the score. Girls who are not playing can cheer on the different sides.
- Five to ten minutes a side is probably the best length of time.
Trips and falls are easy to prevent with a proper risk assessment – download our Being Prepared guidance to find out more.
|Section||Number of girls per adult|
How many adults are needed?
Use this calculator to find out the ratio of girls to adults that is required for this activity