A sport which involves your own four-legged companion! Learn to trot, canter and gallop your way from A to B.
This activity involves horse riding at either an indoor or outdoor venue, and riding of ponies cross-country.
To take girls horse riding, you will need to find a reputable local activity provider.
Please note: Donkey rides on beaches are not included in these regulations, where general guidance for activities applies.
- If any of the girls or adults are inexperienced riders, there must be no more than 20 riders in the party.
- Riders must wear protective headgear that meets current safety requirements.
The instructor must be experienced at working with the relevant age group and have extensive personal riding experience.
Any riding school or establishment used for this activity must either hold a local authority licence or be approved by one of the following:
- The British Horse Society
- The British Horse Society Scotland
- The British Horse Society Ireland
- The Association of British Riding Schools
Escorts for riding activities must hold the qualification appropriate for the activity undertaken as required by the above organisations.
|Section||Number of girls per adult|
How many adults are needed?
Use this calculator to find out the ratio of girls to adults that is required for this activity