Combine girls' love of music with their love of guiding, and raise the profile of guiding in your area.
A Guide band is run by Girlguiding or by guiding in the local area. A Scout and Guide band is run by The Scout Association but includes members of Girlguiding.
Guide bands are open to members up to the age of 26. No more than 25 per cent of the band’s members should be aged 18 or over.
In Guide marching bands
- girls must be aged nine or over to participate
- there must be a minimum of 12 members
- they must not cause a public nuisance, especially when passing churches, hospitals etc.
If you want to set up a Guide band locally, your Commissioner must be satisfied that enough members of Girlguiding are interested in joining and that there are sufficient resources locally to support the band without detrimental effects on units in the area.
There are no specific safety concerns for this activity. Have fun!
- The band must include at least one Girlguiding adult member or recognised volunteer.
- Both of these roles are to be appointed by the local Commissioner.
|Section||Number of girls per adult|
How many adults are needed?
Use this calculator to find out the ratio of girls to adults that is required for this activity