Grow tasty plants
Lettuce, herbs and more!
Get some great-tasting plants started in a mini greenhouse.
- Wash a drinks bottle. Remove the label, but save the cap.
- Cut right round the bottle fairly close to the bottom – for example, where the bottom of the label was.
- Put some soil or compost in the base.
- Plant a few seeds in the soil (for individual greenhouses, use just two seeds).
- Lightly water the seeds. Keep the soil moist and wait for them to sprout.
If an activity involves touching animals, soil or plants, make sure girls wash their hands immediately.
|Section||Number of girls per adult|
How many adults are needed?
Use this calculator to find out the ratio of girls to adults that is required for this activity