Make fun false fossils
This activity helps girls learn about fossils, as well as getting creative with clay.
- For each 'fossil', flatten a large ball of clay into a thick circle.
- Make an impression in the clay by gently pressing in the natural object and then removing it.
- Prepare some plaster of Paris according to the packet so that it has a smooth but thick consistency.
- Spoon plater into the impressions, making sure they are completely filled.
- Let the plaster dry thoroughly (30 to 60 minutes) and then peel away the clay to reveal the fossil.
When doing arts and crafts activities, supervise girls at all time to make sure they are using scissors, glue and other items safely.
|Section||Number of girls per adult|
How many adults are needed?
Use this calculator to find out the ratio of girls to adults that is required for this activity